Obesity Surgery : Am I a Candidate?
Are you a Candidate?
Weight loss surgery is not for everyone, and there are specific candidacy requirements that one must meet in order to qualify for obesity and weight loss surgery.
The following information can help you determine if you may be a candidate for weight loss surgery.
Weight Loss Surgery Candidates
A Perth based doctor from Emerge Surgical can meet with you in a consultation to discuss your candidacy and surgical weight loss procedure.
Here is a listing of some of the requirements for surgical weight loss procedures to combat morbid obesity:
- Patients must be between the ages of 16 and 70
- Patient must be free from dependence on drugs or alcohol
- Patients must be physically, emotionally, and psychologically able to undergo surgery and the lifestyle changes necessary for effective results
- Patients must have made previous attempts at losing weight through more traditional means
- Patients must have realistic expectations and goals for results
- Patients must have a body mass index (BMI) of at least 30 (The exact BMI necessary for surgery is dependent on a patients other medical conditions)